11th Hour Racing, the Founding Principal Partner in sustainability for the Volvo Ocean Race shared their recap with us on the third of seven Ocean Summits held in Hong Kong last week. Click here to learn why sailors, scientists, government and business leaders gathered for an eventful day dedicated to discussing the ocean.
The event is a focal point for 11th Hour Racing’s partnership with the Volvo Ocean Race and is focused on creating solutions to solve the plastic pollution crisis facing our oceans. The summit brought leaders from around the world, and just across the harbor to discuss plastic pollution. A 2015 report from Ocean Conservancy, estimated that over half of land-based plastic leakage comes from just five countries, and all five have coastlines in the Pacific Ocean. By knowing where the most work is needed, we have the opportunity to create change – and what better place to discuss turning the tide on plastic, than where solutions are most needed.
SEVENSEAS Media is close to reaching our fundraising goal thanks to donations from wonderful supporters like you! We are aiming to raise $14,000 before April 15. Please consider a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button here.
- Running community building projects in 174 countries
- Engaging student ambassadors in over 50 universities
- Forming strategic alliances and partnerships with over 200 professional organizations
- Publishing over 400 authors, photographers and researchers
- Inspiring and educating our readers through rich imagery, engaging content and a compelling conservation message.
Find the latest articles on SEVENSEAS Media here.
Want to get in touch with questions or a submission? Contact us here.