Nature’s Academy is seeking a bright, dedicated, hard‐working, and enthusiastic Education Specialist to help facilitate outdoor programs. The ideal candidate should be able to successfully fulfill the requirements, responsibilities, and qualifications listed below.The Education Specialist will work during scheduled field trip programs and be available evenings and weekends as needed. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with clean record and a personal cell phone for staff and emergency communication directly related to educational programming. Due to the nature of this position’s work with children, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check before hire.
• Maintain a positive, solution-oriented attitude as challenges arise, such as inclement weather conditions.
• Assist with Citizen Science Database and monthly reports.
• Assist with education program and facility supply, inventory and maintenance.
• Assist with administrative tasks, including education program data entry, reservations and correspondence with teachers, vendors and partners.
• Assist with general maintenance of site grounds and vehicles (cleaning, gardening, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned, which support the Nature’s Academy mission and team.
• BA/BS in natural sciences, environmental studies or related field.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with children and adapting programs to various ages.
• Classroom management and teaching skills.
• Capable of working long‐hours outdoors in typical and inclement coastal Florida weather (hot and humid).
• Comfortable in and around the water and handling marine animals.
• Knowledge of local flora and fauna OR an ability to quickly learn.
• Customer service oriented, including the ability to continuously convey positivity and politeness.
• Open to feedback and willing to be coached.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
• Lifeguard certification
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Part-time $13/hr with minimum commitment of three days (24 hrs) per week.Opportunity to advance your skills and position in a growing company.
Potential to develop into full-time position.
Position is targeted to begin in early January 2018.Position will remain open until filled.
Advertisements so SEVENSEAS Media can remain a free resource for you:
Get a weekly email of new job listings by subscribing here.
Click here to learn more about the SEVENSEAS Media Global Marine Community jobs list.
Check out our conservation calendar so you don’t miss out on upcoming events.
Find the latest articles on SEVENSEAS Media here.
Want to get in touch with questions or a submission? Contact us here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfscBLKnmtFCxesVCF14yECTugmdrv_Eqlf2y_FJoRxAnLM3g/viewform →