Blue Earth Consultants
Are you passionate about conservation and sustainable resource management? Are you exceptionally organized and possess superior project management capabilities? Do you enjoy creating structure and efficiency out of chaos? Are you a Jack/Jane of all trades who wants to help the company division realize its enormous potential with a can do attitude? If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to dip your hands into a little bit of everything in a dynamic work environment with global ambitions and a desire to save the planet, we are looking for you!
About the Organization
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG), founded in 1984 and headquartered in the Boston area, has helped its clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, and develop and implement strategies for sustainability. Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, founded in 2005 and merged with ERG at the end of 2016, is a management consulting firm, with a portfolio of more than 165 projects completed for clients internationally and in the U.S. We are a division with less than 10 people, but function as part of the larger company with 400+ employees.
Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, specializes in providing its clients with strategies to enhance and develop durable and sustainable solutions through the use of innovative and practical tools. Our consulting engagements include strategic planning/business planning, sustainable financing of protected areas, monitoring and evaluation, integrating science into policy and management, resource management and sustainable business practices. Our core services in these areas include research and writing, project management, facilitation, grant writing, and modeling. We work with diverse clients, from foundations to inter-governmental organizations, governments, non-governmental organizations, universities, and businesses. We tailor each project to our clients’ needs and deliver the highest quality, solutions-oriented products in a timely, strategic, and professional manner. For more information, please visit www.blueearthconsultants.com.
The ideal candidate is happiest doing a little bit of everything, thrives in environments with significant variety in job responsibilities, and is team player.
The main duties of the Senior Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverable is of the consistently high standard necessary to obtain and maintain Blue Earth’s recognition as a team of choice
- Leading and supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsibly manage project teams and deliverables as required for successful completion of each project
- Conducting data analysis and modeling
- Performing research and writing for client deliverables
- Presenting project findings to various stakeholder groups, both informally and formally
- Cultivating new business and project opportunities and expanding the Division’s existing client base
- Monitoring project hours and budgets
- Developing and implementing winning proposal strategies
- Overseeing and developing junior staff
Skills and Attributes
- Expertise in organizational effectiveness for environmental organizations
- Experience delivering consulting services related to strategic and business planning, sustainable financing, monitoring and evaluation and learning, designing and implementing innovative natural resource solutions (e.g. policy, market-based etc.), facilitation, and governance
- Exceptional project and staff management and organizational capabilities
- Proficiency at simultaneously managing multiple projects with tight and often competing deadlines
- Possession of a methodical, analytical, strategic, diligent, and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to produce products in a timely fashion through collaborative processes and to work effectively with diverse partners from public and private institutions
- Ability to apply learning and knowledge across multiple disciplines, contexts, regions, sector, etc.
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously keeping senior staff and team members informed on the status of tasks
- Command of strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to distill critical information from diverse and detailed sources across disciplines, and translating that information between technical experts and more general audiences
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and accept constructive feedback to ensure high quality deliverables for our clients
- Strong, personal commitment to realizing the mission, and adhering to the values, of Blue Earth Consultants
- The unshakeable ability to maintain neutrality and objectivity for clients and stakeholder projects, and in the interest of facilitating the meeting of minds with divergent motivations
- High sense of professionalism, maturity, and discretion as appropriate to the nature and sensitivity of our clients and projects
- Manage sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of consulting in one or more of Blue Earth Consultants’ core service areas
- Experience managing and delivering on multiple projects at one time
- Minimum of a master’s degree or MBA in a relevant field and 6-10 years relevant experience
- Ability and practice in synthesizing and translating data and information to provide scientific frameworks for practicable solutions to sensitive issues
- Experience developing relationships with potential clients or funders
- Experience managing programs, contractors, and facilitating groups
- Experience with obtaining funding
- Excellent skills working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Spanish language skill is a strong plus
The position will be based in the offices of Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, in Oakland, California. Some travel within California, possibly elsewhere in the U.S. and abroad will be required.
The position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
Compensation and Benefits
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Compensation: DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Interested candidates should prepare an application as one PDF that includes a 1) cover letter that specifies a start date availability and salary expectations, 2) resume, 3) three references, and 4) two-pagewriting sample. Please label your application as ‘Lastname_Firstname_Sr.Analyst.pdf’ and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com