Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The nonpartisan Georgetown Climate Center seeks to advance effective climate and energy policies in the United States and serves as a resource to state and local communities that are working to cut carbon pollution and prepare for climate change.
The Institute Associate conducts research and analysis on public policy issues and prepares analytical reports and analyses for publication. S/he produces information on the implications of government actions for policy relevant to the organization and applies specific professional-level functional knowledge to solve problems requiring the identification and analysis of moderately complex variables. Reporting to the Deputy Director and the Adaptation Program Director of the Georgetown Climate Center, the Institute Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages projects involving the development of web-based tools and web content for the delivery of information on coastal adaptation.
- Writes and issues reports of anticipated government actions and upcoming events and analyzes the congressional and regulatory process, closely monitoring relevant events.
- Conducts briefings and engages with senior local, state, and federal officials, funders, and NGO and academic partners.
- Produces superior analysis and communicates effectively through writing and presentations.
- Coordinates adaptation efforts with GCC management, Harrison staff attorneys, and consultants.
- Leads and conducts research and analysis on climate adaptation.
- Conducts legal and policy research on coastal and other resilience issues, as determined by GCC leadership and state and city clients we serve.
- Surprises student research on relevant topics including work done through practicum courses and clinical program.
- Initiates and assists with development of grant proposals and development efforts.
- Oversees work with staff, contractors, and outside partners, and supervises the work of students and research assistants.
- Represents the Center at events relevant to climate adaptation and/or other projects and assists with presentations, and convenings on adaptation topics.
- Juris Doctor degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience in environmental law, climate change policy or a related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent research, writing, and speaking skills
- Experience work on climate, adaptation policy, or coastal land-use preferred
- Experience supervising the work of others
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple external and internal partners and collaborators
- Experience working with or for local, state or federal agencies
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertisements so SEVENSEAS Media can remain a free resource for you:
Get a weekly email of new job listings by subscribing here.
Click here to learn more about the SEVENSEAS Media Global Marine Community jobs list.
Check out our conservation calendar so you don’t miss out on upcoming events.
Find the latest articles on SEVENSEAS Media here.
Want to get in touch with questions or a submission? Contact us here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Institute-Associate--Georgetown-Climate-Center---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR03150 →