Website Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Shareholders' Alliance
Do you want to work with commercial fishermen? Are you interested in conservation and sustainability? Do you like high-energy working environments? Do you like to travel? How’s your taste for seafood?
The Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Shareholders’ Alliance is looking for a smart, energetic, entrepreneurial seafood lover to take the reins of our community Quota Bank.
What is a quota bank, you ask? In the simplest of terms, it’s a fishermen’s program that provides fishing quotas to fishermen who need them. We run the only Quota Bank in the Gulf of Mexico, and work hard to get 60,000 pounds of quota into the hands of 20-30 fishermen every year to help stabilize their business and promote conservation. This allows fishermen to reduce their bycatch, stimulate growth of their business, and ensure long-term sustainability and profitability of their fishery.
Learn more about this progressive fishermen-run program here: http://shareholdersalliance.org/quota-bank.php
· A nationally recognized organization of proactive commercial fishermen.
· The only program of its kind in the Gulf of Mexico.
· Access to strategic partners committed to the success of our program.
· Retiring fishermen interested in selling quota to the Quota Bank.
· The eye of funders and investors who want to make this work.
· A strong desire to work directly with commercial fishermen.
· The expertise to develop a strategic plan to raise investment capital to purchase quota.
· A working understanding of business and financial management.
· The people skills to build and manage key partnerships and relationships with fishermen as well as public, private, and non-profit organizations.
· The motivation to lead a group of fishermen to build a program that will help their fishery and provide long-term stability for their organization.
You also have:
· A degree(s) in business, fisheries science/management or related field.
· Strong transactional skills.
· Experience raising capital.
· Strong communication skills.
· The motivation and reliability to work effectively from home without a lot of oversight.
· An interest in travel.
· The ability to work non-traditional hours.
· A love of seafood.
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Your location is flexible as long as you’re willing to travel. We’re looking for you to start sooner than later in this full-time position, so send a cover letter and resume to us today:
Eric Brazer, Deputy Director, Shareholders’ Alliance
For more information about the Shareholders’ Alliance,
check out our website and Facebook page:
The Shareholders’ Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com