Monterey Bay Aquarium
The Federal Ocean Conservation Policy Manager works within the Aquarium’s Conservation & Science Division to develop and implement federal science-based policy strategies in support of the Aquariums ocean conservation goals.
- Develops and implements federal ocean conservation science-based policy strategies in support of the Aquarium’s conservation goals, including: improve the global sustainability of fisheries and aquaculture; improve the protection of ocean wildlife and ecosystems; reduce the sources of ocean plastic pollution; and address the ocean impacts of climate change and ocean acidification
- Builds and manages relationships with key national government, business, science, and conservation leaders to strengthen the Aquarium’s conservation authority and advance the Aquarium’s conservation goals
- Works with the Conservation & Science Outreach Manager and the Aquarium’s Marketing & Communications team to guide the development of external outreach and communications in support of the Aquarium’s federal science-based policy strategies
- Organizes meetings, briefings, and other events with key external audiences
- Prepares reports and presentations to the Aquarium’s Board of Trustees, Senior Staff, and other internal and external audiences
- Assists in the production of public-facing expert analyses and reports
- Assists in the preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Manages the Aquarium’s federal policy consultants
Absolutely Required Skills / Knowledge / Ability / Experience or Education
- Significant (5+ years) expertise and experience in federal ocean policy
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policy-related strategies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage programs and people
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Travel required
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Ability / Experience or Education
- Knowledge and experience in fisheries and aquaculture policy
- Post graduate degree
|Posted on||06 Feb 2018|
|Expertise||Conservation & Science, Policy|
|Work type(s)||Regular, Full Time|
|More details (document)|
The Monterey Bay Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an environment free from any form of unlawful discrimination. Discriminatory actions are strictly prohibited and we are committed to engaging in affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination. It is the policy of the Monterey Bay Aquarium to promote a positive program of specific practices designed to ensure equal opportunity without regard to race, sex (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, special disabled veteran status, veteran status, medical condition, genetic characteristics and information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), parental status, political affiliations, military service, family care leave status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful. This policy governs all aspects of employment at the Aquarium, including hiring, assignments, training, promotions, compensation, employee benefits, employee discipline and discharge, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Teresa J. Merry, SPHR
Chief Human Resource Officer
SEVENSEAS Media is close to reaching our fundraising goal thanks to donations from wonderful supporters like you! We are aiming to raise $14,000 before April 15. Please consider a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button here.
- Running community building projects in 174 countries
- Engaging student ambassadors in over 50 universities
- Forming strategic alliances and partnerships with over 200 professional organizations
- Publishing over 400 authors, photographers and researchers
- Inspiring and educating our readers through rich imagery, engaging content and a compelling conservation message.
Find the latest articles on SEVENSEAS Media here.
Want to get in touch with questions or a submission? Contact us here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://montereybayaquarium.snaphire.com/jobdetails;jsessionid=4B3A4EE3FE4B140B5FCF8D9BB65643B8?ajid=x2o58 →