Website Annapolis Maritime Museum
The Education Center at the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park educates youth and adults about maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through engaging programs, exhibits, and community events. The Annapolis Maritime Museum is seeking part-time Seasonal Educators to lead a variety of programs for learners ranging from Pre-K to 12th grade. Grow as an environmental educator while teaching students about the Chesapeake Bay in historic Annapolis, MD. Successful applicants will be hard-working, enthusiastic, and interested in connecting students with the environment.
Seasonal Educators will be called upon to work under the supervision of the Education Center staff to lead education programs during a twelve week period from March 26th – June 15th, 2018. The majority of these programs will take place between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday to Saturday. Hours within the work week are flexible, with Educators choosing dates and times that fit their own availability. Spring educators will gain priority for subsequent summer and fall positions.
· Facilitate and deliver education programs including their set up and clean up
· Lead a fun and welcoming educational experience for children
· Contribute to the cohesive work environment of the Education Center
· Communicate with Education Center staff regarding students’ experiences
· Maintain and organize program materials
· Ensure children’s safety, manage behavior, and act as a role model and mentor
· Assist with other necessary duties as assigned by the Education Center
Skills and Qualifications:
· At least one year of undergraduate study towards a degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Education, or related field preferred
· Teaching, camp, or child care experience; experience educating in a field or outdoor setting preferred
· Excellent verbal communication skills, high energy, and enthusiasm
· Flexibility and the ability to problem solve
· Maintain the high standards and quality of the Education Center programs
· Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
· Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
· Must pass a background check
Hours and Compensation
· Part Time: Educators should expect to work around 25 hours per week
· $13-$15 per hour; salary dependent upon education or related experience
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Heather Richardson – email@example.com
Deadline: February 26, 2018
To learn more about the museum visit www.amaritime.org
SEVENSEAS Media is close to reaching our fundraising goal thanks to donations from wonderful supporters like you! We are aiming to raise $14,000 before April 15. Please consider a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button here.
- Running community building projects in 174 countries
- Engaging student ambassadors in over 50 universities
- Forming strategic alliances and partnerships with over 200 professional organizations
- Publishing over 400 authors, photographers and researchers
- Inspiring and educating our readers through rich imagery, engaging content and a compelling conservation message.
Find the latest articles on SEVENSEAS Media here.
Want to get in touch with questions or a submission? Contact us here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org